WolfWings ShadowFlight (wolfwings) wrote,
WolfWings ShadowFlight
wolfwings

Comic-engine progress...

...was able to rebuild the interface to match the 'lamppost' style Inverloch is currently using.

I'm lacking ready access to anything except Linux and Mac OS/X so I can't really test IE support for this version unfortunately. I fully expect something to break horribly, since I'm following nothing but W3C standards so IE will have to screw up somewhere. :-)

Also, mira_fastfire, I added the next/back buttons near the bottom, and placeholder icons for single/double page layout and text links for the various languages. I think this addresses the concerns you'd raised previously about the approach I'd been taking for the interface? I hope? =^.^=

I am kinda proud of the approach I took for handling the 'scene names' lists as a side-node. Collapsing view-cropped tables is really useful when you have to only show an intersection between two items, in this case the chapter to show and the current language. The table is generated client-side since it's smaller to transmit the data and create the table after the fact than to transmit the table itself by quite a bit.

Only thing left to do is re-integrate the multi-lingual 'copyright text' at the bottom of the interface, and add all the Italian, German, and Polish chapter titles, and all the non-English scene titles if I can get them translated.

Edit: I'm a dumbass and forgot to provide a link to see the current progress: http://wolfwings.us/inverloch/comic.html

As usual, only the first two scenes of the first chapter actually work. =^.^=
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Comments allowed for friends only

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 15 comments